If you have ever taken my Dating Quiz online, you know how you scored---and the top issue holding singles back is one primary, important item---your first photo!!
It’s the first thing potential dates see. And, trust me, as a dating consultant for over 25 years, if your first photo is not a showstopper, the game is over!
Photo Tips for Online Dating:
1. We live in a visual society. You may have a well-written profile, incredible interests and personality; however, your potential date will never, ever get to this if you have a sub-par first photo.
2. Believe me, I know! I do this every single day for my clients who have chosen the Ultimate Package---I vet potential dates for them on everything from Hinge, Bumble, Tinder and Match (there’s over 1400 dating sites/apps out there!) and if their first photo is not fantastic—well, DELETE. They never even got the opportunity for me to look further.
3. The first photo must be fun, smiling, not a selfie, not a LinkedIn photo and must be high resolution. Grainy photos say I don’t care. No hat. No sunglasses.
4. OK, my male CEO’s, CFO’s, Doctors, etc. tell me they don’t take photos of themselves. Utterly normal. I mean, who spends their weekends taking selfies? Thus, they have no photos. (pardon the graininess on this photo but this a genuine smile, out on the street!)
5. Easy fix. There are services out there that cater 100% to photographing online daters---at a nominal cost! And you can usually book them in 24-48 hours! Long gone are the days of googling a photographer who tells you they specialize in weddings and can only shoot you on weekdays. That is NOT who you want to hire! Plus, they charge outrageous fees. I’ll help you make it simple and easy with my Online Dating Photo Guidelines!
6. Back to selfies—the answer is a resounding NO! Frequently clients send me a selfie of the following: sitting in their car (why???), in the bathroom mirror (ugh), holding a big fish (huh?) or surrounded by cars, motorcycles, toys. If you are an avid car collector, we can talk about this when I write your dating profile, but it will be a quick swipe left if it’s your primary photo! (Yes, I truly receive these from some of my most successful clients!!!!)
7. Other photos: Again, when I am looking for great dates for my clients and the single has only posted one photo, it is suspect. It says a few things: I really don’t care to find a relationship, I have no skin in the game and I’m dipping my toes into this whole online dating thing, with no expectations of success. (photo to the right--again pardon the low res but otherwise this is a good photo IF he had NOT been crossing his arms---cool background will attract eyes to this photo)
8. Magic number? Post between 5-10 photos depending on the site.
That is exactly why I am here and why my clients hire me---for dating success. Over 60% of my clients are dating someone they really like who they’ve met through me and the world of online dating. Remember that over the past two years 1 of 3 couple married met online. I only see that number going up over time!
(Photo to left---it's just fun. Shows high energy and excitement---it says to me---"Pick me, I'm going to have a blast with you"!)
Ok, some of my favorite photos? A waist up shot of Anna laughing and throwing a snowball. Mark standing next to a Christmas tree at Bloomingdale’s holding an oversized candy cane and smiling. A slight side view of Carrie hailing a cab in NYC in the rain, grinning. These make impressions and give us a little insight into their personalities. Hmm, only a positive, happy person would be grinning in the rain and Carrie has gotten so many dates from just that one first photo.
So, call me at 702-494-7344. After a few minutes, I’ll be able to tell you if I’m a good dating coach fit for you and also steer you to the right package---either the Premium Package (for those who have been in long-term relationships and ready to get back to dating) or the Ultimate Package (for those who want me to do all the work so they can have the fun---going on dates!).
I am looking forward to meeting you---don’t forget this is a super busy time of the year for online daters---which is awesome for you before the holidays!
$100 OFF ends Sunday
Our Fall Promo ends tomorrow: USE CODE: DATENOW100
Book time with me so we can book your next date!
(choose "Book a Session" and apply coupon)
The Ultimate Plan – Andrea will personally . . .
Create your online dating account
Design and upload all profile information
Set searches and parameters for you to meet the right person
Monitor weekly high-date potential individuals
Load up to 3 different dating sites/apps
Enable you to go online and choose the dates you want
Plus . . .
Review of our famous 10 Do's and Don'ts of Online Dating
Our guide to Flirting and Bantering Online
Hands-on approach to tips and tricks of using dating apps
The Ultimate is minimal work for you to maximize your dating
Designed for busy people who don't want to fuss with details
1-hour Zoom call with Founder, Andrea McGinty
Weekly 20-minute coaching calls for 12 weeks