Hello to my friends scouring dating sites for the “one”! After nearly 30 years of helping singes, divorced and widow(ers) finding love, I can think of a few reasons.
Dating Burnout. Exhaustion. Frustration. At odds with how to approach the cyber world.
But I decided to ask 5 of my clients this week---and I’ve shared their thoughts and comments on the benefits of hiring a dating coach. Note: I did not edit---but I did take the liberty of changing their names and locations for privacy reasons and had their permission to share these with you. I’m only going to share 3 so you don’t fall asleep! So here, we go:
1. Jacqueline, 48, Laguna Beach, CA, Clinical Doctorate (absolutely hysterical and a blast to work with)
1. Why did you hire a dating coach? Entering the dating realm again was intimidating enough but online dating was even more foreign! Also, I wanted to avoid having bad experiences or making regrettable mistakes so needed a savvy, experienced coach to help me navigate the experience becomes a realistic but positive one. Dating is actually a complex skill that requires emotional awareness, communication skills and self-honesty.
2. Prior to using a dating coach, what was your least favorite part of online dating? I didn’t do it because I hear such negative stories from others.
3. How has that changed since you were working with me? Online dating is like going into an unknown jungle with all kinds of wild animals, dangerous plants, and traps…. but also, gorgeous flowers, sweet animals and revitalizing pools. Andrea is the no-nonsense safety guide who does the briefing BEFORE you go in and then is also the guide who points out things along the way. Sometimes, she has to pick you up after a bad fall and dust you off. Now, imaging going into the jungle with NO guide or briefing…. no wonder people have horrible experiences!
4. What did you like/do you like about working with me? I like your energy the most - direct, lighthearted but no nonsense and very deliberate. You are also not clock-watching and it’s clear you sincerely care - it’s like talking to a girlfriend but one who is honest, objective and has undeniable experience that I can trust.
Mark, 59, Doctor, NYC (Note: He sent me a photo Wednesday night from a mountain top in Switzerland where he had just asked Lauren to marry him----and she said yes!) Talk about making my Thursday morning. I absolutely loved working with him about a year ago---he met Lauren in the 2nd month of his coaching package with me. Some of his previous dates while working with me were outright funny!
1. I chose a dating coach, because I had been in a marriage for 28 years and the single scene was vastly different from when I was in my 20’s. The internet opened up a many new possibilities in terms of meeting singles, but also presented many challenges which were easier to tackle with a dating coach.
2. Did not try online dating prior to you. Mainly because I felt could rely on friends, family, coworkers to introduce me to prospective dates. Very quickly realized that dating someone you work with is not a great idea, and most of my family, friends are married and did not have a large pool of single ladies that they could introduce me to.
3. Working with you was the best decision I made in terms of online dating. First of all, you listened to what I wanted (interviewed a couple of other dating coaches, and felt like l they were working off a check list). Second of all you took the time to help me construct an online profile that not only captured who I am, but also were able to cogently express what I was seeking in a partner.
4. Working with you was an absolute delight. I called you my “canary in a coal mine”, because with your vast experience you were able to really predict what was going to happen. That included my initial interactions on the sites and subsequent dates. You saved me a lot of time weeding out the chaff and with your help. I was able to find the life partner who I plan to spend the rest of my life with.
Brian, 62, Orlando, FL, Business Executive
1. Why did you hire a dating coach? I wanted the best help to find my best friend and love of my life. Help teach me the right online dating sites, how to write profile and how to pick the correct photos for me to use.
2. Prior to using a dating coach, what was your least favorite part of online dating?
Not getting any responses from members. Lost hope in dating sites.
3. How has that changed since you were working with me?
Andrea is amazing; she has helped me greatly with on line dating. She has help me pick the correct dating sites. Help me make a great profile, and pick the correct photos. How to message and pick the right date.
4. What did you like/do you like about working with me?
Andrea is always there for me. A Great coach, great response time and will find time on last minute notice for me. Helped me through online dating struggles and given me great hope that I will find the love of my life. I am now going out on my second date with all the thanks to Andrea. Thank you very much for all your help and support I greatly appreciated everything I could not have done it without YOU!
Do I like my clients? You bet. I have most for 2-3 months and the progress we see together is a high for me---and happiness and accountability for them.
My friends at Pickleball between games ask me so many dating questions and some are shocked at what I do---you know, the types that have been married for 20, 30 years. I always say---well, what would you do if you found yourself suddenly thrust back into singledom? Hey, we take Pickleball clinics to get better at our games, have a house cleaner, use a pool guy---isn’t your love life more important than your messy closets?
, Love & Laughter,
Andrea McGinty Founder, It’s Just Lunch and 33000Dates.com Dating Coach & Dating Counselor https://www.33000Dates.com