In the last blog, we talked about self-confidence being the key to great online dating results! Yes, you first must get online, have great photos and a dating strategy----you can’t get far without this. But once you are live and posted on the right dating site for you, try these five boosters to improve your self -confidence and sex appeal!
1. Don’t/stop measuring yourself against other, especially celebrities or models. Recognize that you are a hot ticket with a unique set of qualities and attributes. As for the celeb Instagram influencers, sure it’s fun to look at fashions but don’t compare your looks, your anything to them. They have a way different agenda!!
2. Surround yourself with people who treat you with the love and respect that you deserve. If you have people in your life who are overly critical or negative, weed them out. At least for a while. And don’t talk to them about online dating if they are negative. Just remember, 1 in 4 marriages met online!
3. If you’re not happy with the way you look, treat yourself to a new look! Join a gym. Do yoga. Try group Pilates on the reformer. Update your hair. Book a personal shopper at Nordstrom’s and tell her your goals. When you look good, you feel AMAZING!
4. Step outside your boundaries. Life’s an adventure meant for new experiences---so go try something new just for you. Maybe a stand-up comedy class, horseback riding, a new dance class. Push through any fears----you’ll find yourself alive with confidence.
5. Finally, date more! As you handle all the different situations and men you come across, it will reinforce positive feelings about yourself and boost your confidence in dating. And by increasing your dating activity, it takes pressure off you! Didn’t like this one? Well, you have another date this weekend.
At the end of the day, we all can use a little improvement. Improvement, not perfection. Just remember to have fun!