Or are you leaving it to serendipity?
So….while watching the Super Bowl on Sunday, did all of you think Matthew Stafford and Joe Burrow probably decided to be become
great Quarterbacks sometime when they were in college? Of course not, that’s silly. Both of them no doubt have been working on their careers since they were teenagers.
And all of you decided to be successful in your careers sometime when you were 35-40, yes? Again, that’s ridiculous. My clients typically started planning for successful careers when they were in college (and maybe before).
And for those of you who run marathons, or are great master swimmers, all of you just woke up one day and said ‘let’s run the Boston/NYC Marathon today, yes?’ Of course not, as that would be insane.
What’s my point?
My point is that whether it’s Mathew Stafford or Joe Burrow, or any of you, all successful people became successful because they had a plan to be successful.
What do most plans have in common? Based on my experience, most professional and personal success plans contain
1. Establishing a Goal and a date to accomplish that goal.
2. Hiring a coach/mentor/expert to advise you about steps to take to accomplish your goal
3. Working with your advisor to establish milestone dates along the way.
4. Carefully following the advice of your hired advisor.
My point is that no successful person just wakes up one day and is successful. And no one (over the age of 30!!) wakes up one day and is in the relationship they want. It takes planning and thought in the sea of online dating.
So, let’s take a step back to what I was talking about on Saturday---if you want to be in a relationship with someone you really like, love or enjoy spending time with, now’s the time to begin. And I can help you do this effectively, efficiently…while having fun!
1. Our goal: A relationship by May 1. That gives us 10 weeks. Oh, yes, doable!
2. Hire a dating coach---this will absolutely speed the process up. This will help you navigate the online dating system faster with their know how and tips. Watch this video for some tips: https://www.33000dates.com/news-videos
3. Big Milestone Dates along the way: A good dating coach can take care of most of these and give you a timeline. Your biggest job will be providing great photos, in a timely manner. If you have them, great. If you don’t, we can get that taken care of in less than a week.
4. Now, follow the advice of your coach and your learning curve will be fast. No, your BFFs aren’t skilled in this area nor is your mom or therapist. Follow up with your coach, talk weekly, tweak along the way….and you’ll be off to a Spring/Summer of new romance.
Maybe the above makes it sound easy. I’m not saying it’s all rainbows and sunshine, but a good plan generally is effective and has good results. As I always say, “There is a lid for every pot”.
I’m available for a 10-minute chat to see if you are a good fit for my program and me---ohhh, I did almost forget to say---a great attitude makes online dating so much more fun—and gets the results!