The third in my series of online dating apps, online dating services and any online dating platform that I refer my clients to. I’m not a dating service, however, working with over 30,000 clients in the past 20+ years has given me some insight into the inner working of the online dating world, with much of what I will share with you anecdotal, demographic and geographic. After helping my clients with online dating and writing their online dating profiles, vetting their photos and long Zoom calls with each, then I help choose what I believe is the right dating site for their needs.
PROS of Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB)
1. It seems to have most traction with members in the Northeast Corridor---Boston to Washington DC
2. App-only dating platform
3. CMB claims that 86% of users are looking for LTR
4. Free to join----but not really
CONS of CMB:
1. Interface weird and not intuitive
2. Where they make money is you purchasing “Beans” (AKA more dating profiles presented to you)
3. It’s slow---they may offer you up to 3 bagels per days---in CMB speak, those are potential matches
4. No more “bagels” until you like or pass on a match---supposedly it has an algorithm that uses these likes and passes to give you better “bagels”
Overall, I am not impressed, nor do I refer clients to this app. Main reasons are
1. Low supply of singles
2. When people don’t have to pay, no skin in the game
While I’m projecting online dating services/apps to have 2 digit increases in April-June, I wouldn’t bet on this app. When I help my clients with online dating profiles and vetting online photos, as an online dating profile coach, this is a weak site for both singles in major metro areas as well as small towns. Few success stories are coming out of this app. Cute concept, skip it.
*These are purely my observations on CMB and I am in no way associated with the company. Stay tuned for next weeks’ review on another online dating app!