This is an excerpt from FindingKathyBrown, a fun, witty travel blogger
WHY WOMEN OVER 50 SHOULD HIRE AN ONLINE DATING COACH |EXPERT
By Kathy Brown
– Following my midlife journey? One little tidbit you may not be aware of. I met my husband – partner in crime – on an online dating site. After finding myself alone following a 20-year marriage that ended in flames, I had no idea what I would do next.
For a middle-aged woman that hadn’t dated since high school, I found myself lost in a sea of online dating profiles- emails – text messages, and the ultimate fear of that first meet. Lucky for me, I found love quickly. Steve and I joke that I knew that exact moment I fell in love with him – on date number 5.
Even though I winged it, I’m sure some over 50 gals could use a little push. Let me turn you over to Andrea to let you know why women over 50 should hire an online dating coach | expert.
I get asked this question frequently, so frequently I thought it made sense to explain my reasoning and also to add in a little bit about what men are looking for in online dating. Just a quickie on my background, I’ve been in the dating business for 25+ years and just love what I do and think I have the best job in the world! At 33000Dates.com, I help women and men in their 40’s to 60’s navigate the huge world of internet dating from writing their online dating profiles, vetting photos, choosing the correct dating apps, then acting as a dating coach throughout the process. I began in my 20’s and what an evolution dating has gone through---from matchmakers, video dating to our current online dating sites/apps/platforms.
1. There are over 100 million singles in the US----isn’t that encouraging? I’m a big believer that there is someone for you out there. A lid for every pot! However, therefore it can be super helpful to have a dating coach help you sort through online dating; otherwise, it can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack!
2. The worst thing you can do is listen to your friends and family. Yes, it’s true! Either they have had negative experiences personally or heard horror stories! Don’t let yourself be tainted by negativity. I’ve found with my clients that those who go into the dating process with a great attitude and look at this as if it’s an adventure---those are the ones that have success and meet someone. Plus, a good coach acts as your cheerleader!
3. All the good men are taken/married. Oh, no they are not! I work with men everyday too and get asked “are there good woman out there still”? This makes me laugh as both sexes are saying the same thing. And what exactly are men looking for? Traits most often mentioned are positivity, happy with their own lives, no long stories about exes, and the ability to laugh through life’s ups and downs.
4. Here is reality though….the biggest pool of singles you’ll ever meet was in college, grad school, the workplace. Somewhat true as now the biggest pool of singles ever is online. But you need to approach it correctly with the right photos (we do live in a visual society) and the right, upbeat profiles. A big mistake I often see is where a single writes an entire novel about themselves, where just a great photo and a paragraph and perhaps a few bullet points will suffice.
5. Many of my clients married in their 20’s or early 30’s and then came divorce in their late 40’s or 50’s. This group of my clients did not grow up where online dating is the norm—thus, it can be intimidating. In 2019 alone, 1 of 4 couples got married as a result of online dating.
Hence comes the confusion---what dating app should I pick? How do I know it’s safe?
How to Choose a Dating Expert is a short video to begin with! This is where an online dating coach comes in. This is an art, with a bit of science thrown in for good measure. A good dating coach will spend an hour on zoom getting to know you, your interests, past relationships----what worked, what didn’t, consider geographic and demographics of sites/apps and in general guide you along in every aspect of online dating from how to be proactive and choose the men you’d like to meet, rather than them choosing you. Then how to stay safe? They will take you through the process of initial fun, flirty chat texts to the next steps---meeting In. Real. Life safely. They will cover everything from COVID-19 and how to ask the right questions before the date.
Stay positive, keep smiling and remember he may be your very first date…or your 19th! It’s an adventure, so please enjoy the journey!
Andrea McGinty Background Info
33000Dates.com began when internet dating exploded and so many of my clients, friends and family had no idea how to work the online dating system in a positive, pro-active way.
So, overcoming adversity? We all have that in our lives! When I was 27, my fiancée dumped me 5 weeks before the wedding. Oh, wow talk about depressing. Once I got over crying and friends sending me on very iffy dates----I had this idea! In 1991, I founded It’s Just Lunch, a dating service for busy professionals with $6,000. It grew to international locations and when I sold the $80 million company a few years ago we had 110 locations worldwide----this was started in the 90’s pre-internet dating.
Fast forward 20+ years----after over 20 years of marriage my husband and I divorced (but with 2 lovely teen daughters!). I started up 33000Dates.com to help woman and men in their 40’s-50’s+ navigate the trials and tribulations of online dating! I am NOT a dating service----I’m a dating expert with over 4200 marriages, over 33,000 clients I’ve personally worked with. I write dating profiles, choose dating sites for my clients and do weekly coaching with them. Yes, it’s a blast!
I genuinely believe you must do something you love----and the money will come. I have a great job!